The Dresher Ensemble rehearsal studio is ideal for the creation and rehearsal of dance, theater, opera, musical theater, interdisciplinary performance and all types of musical rehearsals including projects with substantial amplification or electronic music set-ups, and small to large instrumental or vocal ensemble rehearsals (the largest to date being a 55-person conducted string orchestra rehearsal). Our goal is to provide the most effective space for the creative and collaborative process in the creation of new performing arts. The studio is available on an hourly, daily, or weekly basis. When rented for consecutive full days, renters may remain completely set-up and do not need to strike sets, audio, video or lighting set-ups between rehearsal periods, which may happen at any time of day or night.
The studio comes with a 9-foot Baldwin concert grand piano, approximately 15 music stands, AC extension cables and power strips, many tables, chairs, ladders, a scaffolding, carts, platforms, apple boxes etc. that are available at no additional charge. Use of the Ensemble’s substantial inventory of lighting, sound and projection equipment is available at additional but well-below market rate charges. Please see the Equipment Rental page for an inventory of this equipment.
Note: As we are constantly upgrading this inventory, please contact us with specific questions or requests.
Rehearsal Studio Technical Specifications:
- Overall floor space is approximately 45′ x 45′
- Sprung dance floor stage area 40′ x 40′ (reduced to some extent by storage on the upstage and downstage edges). With grey marley floor covering.
- In addition, starting at the downstage edge of the dance floor deck, there is an 8′ high elevated deck about 50′ long and 5′ wide at the perimeter of most of the downstage and stage left and right sides of the sprung floor. From there you can shoot video, set up projectors etc. One of the lighting pipes can also be accessed from this deck without needing a ladder.
- Height: 16.5′ to fixed hanging grid, 19′ to rafters, 20′ to ceiling
- Grid is dead hung 2″ black pipe and can sustain heavy loads. Ceiling beams are reinforced and have several rigging points and ropes suitable for aerial work.
- Access from hallway to studio is through double doors, maximum opening approximately 8′ x 8′. Equipment is off-loaded on a full-sized and secure 2nd-floor loading dock (takes semi-trailers without a problem) followed by about 100′ of hall way to the studio entrance. Various dollies and hand trucks are available for moving equipment and sets.
- Studio comes equipped with fixed and folding tables, a very large assortment of chairs and small tables/desks ideal for audio set-ups, one rolling costume rack, many AC cables and power strips, various ladders for rigging lights, and misc. pieces of furniture that are available for various uses.
- Kitchen area included with full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, hot water boilers, coffee maker, flatware, cups and plates. and water dispenser (5 gal). There is no running water in the studio but hot and cold water are available in a utility sink in the outside hallway, next to the bathrooms.
PDE Fabrication Shop
Access granted only to persons demonstrating a clear ability to operate the machine tools correctly and safely
Our shop is approximately 1300 square feet and best suited for wood working. However, with advanced notice, aluminum and light steel welding is possible. Also, because of the fixed machine tools and large amount of raw material stored in the facility, the useable/flexible space is much less than 1300 square feet.
- 10” table saw
- 10” radial arm saw
- 14” band saw (for wood and softer metals)
- 2 drill presses
- 6” joiner
- wire-feed welder set up for aluminum
- wire-feed welder set up for light steel
- 6″ x 48″ belt and 12” disc sander
- bench grinder
- chop/compound miter saw
- metal cut-off saw (band saw)
- full collection of hand tools, pipe and bar clamps, etc.